Online Videos Powerful Impact in Online Marketing: Statistics ShowEric Merlin
It is undeniably true that today, online videos are becoming a vital part in the field of communication. It is becoming the key means for people to satisfy their information and entertainment needs. And because of that, the online video is the fastest growing ad format today.
It has a huge popularity growth of 55%. As the saying goes, ‘strike the iron while it’s hot’, business people all over the world take advantage of this hottest trend. According to research, 52% of today’s consumers say that watching product videos easily converts them into buyers.
People say that it is easier to decide when you are shopping online. These product videos are very convincing.
Getting the Right Answer
Why Online Videos are a Big Hit
Online videos are examples of visual communication material. And as what we all know, visual communication is considered the most effective medium of communication since ancient times.
Today, with the continuous innovation in technology, online videos are in a new level of efficiency and competence. Online video marketing is at its peak of success. When it comes to potential reach, video is peerless. It can give you access to almost everything you need or want.
Why? Again because the combination of visual and audio effects are very perceivable. Complex subject matters become very easy when illustrated in a video material.
More Interesting Facts
Amazing Online Videos
Professional video creators are on their way to creating more amazing online videos. Their target is to make a video that will evoke strong emotion that will inspire online sharing among all internet users. It is indeed helping businesses to vastly expand their audience.
When a video is informative-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. Therefore, there is an expectation of an increase in sales. Product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decision.
There is 9x increase in retail video views. There is an easy conversion to sales with 9% boost rate. Shoppers who view videos are 144% more likely to add to cart than other shoppers.
Video viewing results to a more powerful impact on a business’s sales. A data showing that 33% of online sales came from the 13% of site visitors who viewed video. To give you a clearer mind on this amazing twist of marketing events, videos are considered as the driver of consumer confidence.
Because of the visual effects and audio clarity, the a consumer’s brain activity responds much faster. Consumers are willing to watch videos 60% of the time they are found. Henceforth, 52% of consumers report that they are less likely to return a product after viewing a video. 85% of the visitors who view product videos are more likely to buy.
Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors.
More of the Online Videos Statistics
- Two-minute video viewing audience is 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors.
- Three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase.
- Professionally produced videos are better as they outperform user-generated video (UGC video) by 30%, delivering a 24.7% lift as compared with an 18.7% lift for the UGC video.
- Video has become a key sales channel for smartphones. There is an increase of 60% video views in smartphones.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3 times as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- Pages with video attracted 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubled time on site. A 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
- There is a 44% increase in online sales conversions by using videos to showcase their products.
- A 6% to 30% increase in sales for products with video.
- 34% of apparel shoppers are more likely to purchase after viewing an online video ad.
- An increase conversion by 30% in the retail sites with video.
- There are a reducing service call volumes by 5% in the retail sites with video.
- Online video delivered a 6% increase in in-store sales.
Part II Statistics
Video Drives Effective Email Marketing
- Rich media ads containing video increase purchase intent by 1.16%. And drive success more than four times that of Flash animation. Viewers favored a brand 2.30% more when exposed to rich media with a video ad opposed the tiny 0.15% increase simple Flash animation.
- 50% of all mobile traffic has online video now accounts and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks.
- Nearly 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device.
- 42% of tablet owners said that they had made a purchase on their device, compared with 29% of smartphone users.
- 84% of smartphone owners use their devices to search local retailers.
- 66% of smartphone users have tried a product in-store and then purchased from another retailer online.
- 79% of smartphone owners use their devices to aid in shopping, and 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase (online or in-store) as a result.
- Over 90% of shoppers surveyed found video useful in making purchase decisions, according to a study of Swimwear Boutique customers.
- 76% of marketers plan to add video in the upcoming days. It will surely be a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blog integration.
- 70% of B2B marketers are using video content.
Online Video Marketing
eCommerce video success can be clearly measured. Conversion rate, cart abandons, increased traffic and View Rate (VR) are key to demonstrating success.
eMarketer senior analyst Jeffrey Grau characterizes the benefits of video as including “…a lower number of abandoned shopping carts, reduced return rates, and higher sales.”
Search engine optimization (SEO) and online video were the two top priorities for online retailers.