Guide to Website Builders: Which Platform is Right for Your Business?icopify
Hiring a professional web developer comes with a hefty price. Hence, small business owners would opt for a website builder.
But with so many options available in the market nowadays, how would know which one to choose?
We know it can be mind-boggling, but first, let’s talk about what a website builder is and why you should invest in one:
Website Builder: A Definition
In a nutshell, a website builder is a platform wherein you can build your website without having to write a single line of code.
It eliminates the need to hire a web developer since you can create and get a website up and running in just a few hours ‒ thanks to plugins and drag-and-drop widgets.
You will not need to hire a web designer either since you can make a visually appealing website using a pre-made template. And if you worry that your website will look the same as the rest, there is no need for that. That’s because web design templates are customizable.
Meaning, you can make a templated website look uniquely yours in just a couple of clicks.
Now that you have an overview of what a website builder is, it is time to learn about the best free website builders that would suit your business needs:
If you are looking for a free and an all-around website builder, then you might want to give Wix a try. But that is not what made this website builder popular among small business owners.
It is actually its niche-related features and an array of customization tools that made Wix a well-loved website builder among small businesses.
Wix also boasts the following features:
- Small Business Templates: Regardless of the nature of your business, you can definitely find a suitable template that you can work on.
- Artificial Design Intelligence Tool: The ADI tool allows you to develop a business website without hassle.
- E-commerce Platform: If you want to launch an online store but you do not have the time to deal with technical stuff, Wix’s e-commerce platform feature could come in handy.
- Wix SEO Wiz: Just like with the e-commerce platform, the SEO Wiz makes optimizing your website as easy as a breeze.
- Ascend by Wix: This is an all-in-one business solution that lets you access over 20 professional business tools to simplify your business management processes.
Meanwhile, if you are an individual that provides professional services (i.e. photographer), then uKit is what you need.
This website builder is easy to use and allows you to DIY your website as it does not require that you have knowledge in coding. Hence, uKit is ideal for those who are pressed for time to learn how to code and build a website.
It also comes with the following features:
- AmoCRM Integration: This is an intuitive system that you can use to simplify your customer or order management processes.
- Business Widgets: With uKit, you can integrate business widgets that add functionality to your websites like Google Maps and Social Networks.
- SendPulse Integration: SendPulse is a popular widget that you can use to add and adjust online push notifications to your site visitors.
- uCalc: This feature is recommended for those who would like to have an online store, as uCalc can define the cost of products or services you offer your potential customers.
If you would like to launch a blog, then you should check out WordPress. It is an open-sourced content management system (CMS) that comes with a gamut of features that allows you to customize your blog.
This includes the following:
- Small Business Plugins: With WordPress, you can add business-related functionalities on your website using various small business plugins. This includes contact forms, online stores, search engine optimization tools, and more.
- Customer Interaction Plugins: This CMS also comes with extensive plugins that can make it easy for you to do business with your potential and existing clients. This includes live chat, online ticket booking, and more.
Tailor Brands is ideal for those who are looking for a website builder that also helps streamline business branding processes.
What this website builder does is that it lets your business put its best foot forward when it comes to high-end design and branding. In fact, Tailor Brands is the first AI-powered logo design and branding platform.
Hence, no matter the size of your business is, you get to build a visually pleasing and professional looking website.
Powered by HostGator, Gator is a website builder that boasts intuitive drag-and-drop site editing platform.
It also comes with various customizable templates, so you will not need to spend days on designing your website. This also explains why Gator is ideal for people with little to no web design experience.
SITE123 is a cloud-based website builder that also features a WYSIWYG editor. And what makes this platform ideal for small business owners is its simplicity.
With its intuitive web design features, it will be easy for beginners to work on their website. Plus, SITE123 also comes with the following features:
- Responsive Business Template: Nowadays, more and more people access the Internet using their smartphones. Hence, you will need a website template that can adjust to various screen sizes.
- Social Media Integrations: With SITE123, you can easily boost your business’ online presence on various social networks.
- E-commerce Engine: This website builder might be simple, but it allows you to build your online store sans all that technical stuff to launch one.
Squarespace is another drag-and-drop website builder that is ideal for those who would want to start their own blog or online store.
For one, it comes will all the features that you might need for your online store. This includes payment gateways, customer tracking, gift card generator, and more. And you can add functionalities on your site as Squarespace also comes with an array of plugins.
All of this, you can wrap within a beautifully-designed website.
If you want to set up a website fast, then you might want to give GoDaddy a spin.
This is a menu-based website builder that allows you to launch a business site in 30 minutes or so. However, it comes with limitations:
- Limited customization options
- Limited e-commerce functionalities
- Mediocre SEO functionalities
Nonetheless, GoDaddy could come in handy if you want something simple for your local business, such as a professional home cleaning service.
Were you able to pick which website platform you would use for your business? We would like to know your choice in the comments!